October 29, 2011

the rose street markets

I just love my girlie weekends in Melbourne, great food, great company, great bars and of course that overwhelming art scene, what can I say, Sydney eat your heart out. I lose days just wandering shop to shop in awe of the creativity that surrounds the Fitzroy laneways. One of my favourite hidden treasures is The Rose Street Artist’s Market. A former junkyard, this quirky space now houses now up to 70 artists and designers with products ranging from jewellery to jugs. One of my favourite finds this time was a Greg Mann number, a ‘spoon’ pendant which I bought as a present for a close friend’s birthday. Next time you are in the area check it out, Saturday and Sunday between 11am and 5pm. Lula x     www.rosestmarket.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment